- Our Vision is for Care Homes to be seen as a positive choice for older people and for our Care Home to be recognised and respected for its outstanding practice that has positive outcomes for all those we care for.
- Our Vision is a Care Home where each resident is affirmed, feels valued and respected and is given the support and encouragement to become all that they can be.
Our Mission is to have a positive, lasting impact on all that we do, thereby enabling individuals to be confident, self-determining, with high self-esteem, so that they can live their lives to the full – with meaning and purpose.
The history of Gwernllwyn
Gwernllwyn has an interesting and diverse history. Originally, it was the residence of the Cross Hands’ Colliery Manager, the grandeur of the Mansion, gardens and extensive orchard in keeping with the status of its owner in the locality.
Mr William James later became the owner of the property and whilst living at Gwernllwyn requested planning permission to transform the residence into a Nightclub. With permission granted, 1987 was a landmark year. The village now had a facility that soon became the central point for the Community to socialise. People met here, celebrated their weddings, family christenings, birthdays and anniversaries in the many times refurbished venue.
Gwernllwyn Nightclub closed its doors to the public for the last time on 17 July 2014. Demolition work commenced immediately so that the old building could be converted and a large new wing added to transform Gwernllwyn into a ‘state of the art’ Care Home, when it will be serving the people of the Community and surrounding areas in its next chapter and offering a place for friends of the past to re-unite again.
A dedicated and focussed care team
Our aims and objectives provide the focus for our service delivery. Always at the front of our mind, they are:
- To provide residential care accommodation for individuals who may or may not experience difficulties with congnition.
- To provide and maintain a high standard of purpose built accommodation.
- To recruit and train staff who will respect the residents’ rights to choose, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, independence and rights, irrespective of their range of abilities.
- To operate services which are compliant with the Regulations at the time in force and exceed the National Minimum Standards as defined by the Care Standards Act 2000.
The Management and Staff Team at Gwernllwyn Care Home are dedicated people who believe that the care of each individual is the primary priority and that each should be treated with the utmost dignity and respect. Our overall objective is to provide the highest standard of care, thereby ensuring individuals living here consider Gwernllwyn Care Home as their Home. We want every individual to be given the support to reach their optimum potential. We will always focus on their personal abilities not their disabilities.